View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 07:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi there

It is pretty usual for someone with a autoimmune disease to have a long list of medications that they take, and I notice that the Macophile has an autoimmune disease.

I take a vast array of medications also for an autoimmune disease (lupus), but seeing I have central nervous system disease, reynauds, a blood clotting disorder, seizures, sensory motor axonal peripheral neuropathy, brainstem disease, asthma, sjogrens syndrome, spasticity (hands and feet), premature menopause (due to chemotherapy for my sle in my early 30s) etc etc then all these things need to be treated to keep me functioning.

Systemic disease is just like that, which is unfortunate, and weaning down to a couple of drugs is just not possible because then I would have to choose which disorder/ set of symptoms I would like to treat - seizures, blood clots, reynauds or neuropathy???? It's vital that they all get treated.

It's a pain, but it is an unfortunate reality for some of us. I wish I could be on just two medications too, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

cheers
raglet
Raglet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Macophile (09-25-2009)