View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 06:05 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart You're among friends.

I’ve read all your posts and found them poignant, heartrending and familiar. Depression is not self-pity. It is a medical condition like a heart attack or diabetes – and its sufferers deserve to be treated with the same concern and dignity. In fact, I think it’s one of the hardest maladies to face.

I started to suffer serious depression because of a brain injury I sustained in a car accident. I had to be cut out of my truck and my body was a wreck. However, of all the many, many injuries I sustained, none has come close to being as difficult as the “blue fog.” I know it’s hard, but try not to feel guilty about your depression: it’s as real as any limb amputation.

I’m glad you’ve come back to NT. Like Sue’s adopt a pet recommendation, people here can make practical suggestions that really can help. Additionally, you can tell them your story as often as you want and always receive an ear that is not just sympathetic, but empathetic. People here really understand what you’re talking about: YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY, POTITIVELY NOT ALONE.

If you ever need to say something that you don’t feel comfortable posting to the general forum, there are NT subgroups like For those times when we're down...., where you are guaranteed to find like-minded people.

Returning to NT is a positive, proactive step that shows you still have some little ember of hope. I hope you will let us all help you fan that into a bigger flame that warms you and lights your way to a better future.

Hang in there – we’re all pulling for you.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (10-09-2009), barbo (09-26-2009), mistiis (09-26-2009), thelonely1 (09-26-2009)