View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

(((Debbie)))

I go through peroids of not being able to sleep. I am tired, I am sleepy, and I crawl into bed, and I am exhausted, but...I cant seem to drop off that edge. Sometimes I am able to drop off, and get a good nap, and then I am up, and cant seem to drop back off again. It lasts for a couple of weeks, and then I am back to sleeping again.

Prepare for sleep. Get ready for sleep. An hour before hand, no TV, no computer, read a book, or a magazine. Do quiet activities. Read, knit, do puzzles, or sudoku if you have to. NO caffeine after 12 noon when you are in one of these periods. Give your body clues that its time to sleep now. Warm milk, or a warm bath help the body relax. Some find melatonin to be helpful. when you get into bed, play the relaxation game. Start at your feet. Say "goodnight feet" and then relax them, feel them let go. Say "goodnight ankles" and feel them let go work up your legs, your hips, your tummy, your ribs, your collar bones, your arms, and hands, and neck, and finally feel the tension in your face let go. Deep breath while you are doing this, get some relaxing O2 circulating. Take in a breath for 3 seconds, and let it out for 5 or longer. Try to take twice as long to let it out, as you drew it in. Make sure you have peed before bed. Cover any light source in your room. Tape over the light on the cable, or TV box. turn around a lighted alarm clock. Make it dark so your body gets cues its sleepy time. Then, take heart, this too shall pass. in a week or two, you will be saying "I am glad thats over!"

Feel better!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (09-26-2009), ewizabeth (09-26-2009)