View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Somebody, early on, told me to use this time to get adjusted to the idea of whatever it was I might have. Good advice.

Made me realize I was lucky to have this time to do that. Because I started seeing a lot of posts from people who had no clue they were at all unwell till one day something came up and they got blind-sided with a dx of ms.

I though -OMG! How do you wrap your head around that, right out of the blue?

I saw the extremes, from instant dx, to those who waited over a decade. And you know, they all survived. And some of them told me if they could do it, I'd live too. They knew how tough it was, all of it, the sx, the drs, the tests, dealing with family, waiting for answers - getting the answers.

None of this is easy, but you'll find you really are strong enough to do it and you have friends who went there before you to show you how, friends who will come along aftert you that you will show the way, too.

If I had known then what I know now, I'd tell myself this:

Live today. Don't wait until you have answers, until you feel better, until so and so gets it, etc. Just live today, just the way it is.

MS limbo since Jan 2003.
Aarcyn (09-27-2009), Dejibo (09-26-2009), Desinie (09-26-2009), Freesia38 (09-26-2009), Gaia314 (09-27-2009), Lady (09-28-2009), McGimpy (10-01-2009), SallyC (09-28-2009)