View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgaxiola52 View Post
My sister started to have a headache about 4 days ago and it hasent went a way. She describes it more as pressure than an actual throbbing. My sister about 2 years ago had a spell of constant seizures that the doctor labeled placebo seizures. She has has 2 seizures since this time. The MRI's from the seizures never showwed anything wrong. She had an MRI today and asked the lady to read them to her and the lady said she wasnt allowed but that the doctor will be calling first thing in the morning.

In most cases dont they say once the doctor goes over the results they will give you a call. Not that they will give you a call first thing in the morning. It seems to be bad because of the way they said this. Should I be worried?

I've had h/a for ever, and since this is all the info about your sis I know i'll suppose it's as simple as that. That this is the only health issue she has, that OTC stuff is not helping and that she is not having some problem with a med she's on.

What I would start with is drinking plenty of water - dehydration really affects me. I avoid h/a trigger foods - peanuts, wines, ccheese, deli and packaged meats - anything with msg. Avoid bright lights and harsh sounds.

Something to balance electrolytes - gatorade or propel - is good.

Cold cloth on the fore head, something warm on the neck helps stabilize the blood flow in the head.

And odd as it sounds, keep an eye on the weather. Barometric changes really reek havok on my head.

If she cannot get a grip on this or feels worse, she needs to get to an urgent care or ER. Hope she feels better soon!