View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 03:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
when i tell people my age and that i have arthriris, they think that i am too young, then i tell then that i fount out when i was about 14 years old, 6 years age. what can i do to lesson the pain?
I was diagnosed with JRA at the age of 4 and I am now 48. Even at my current age some people think that I am too young to have arthritis, but I do. The most important thing that you can do is to maintain a good attitude. Know your limits and don't overdo things, but don't let arthritis dictate what you can and can't do. On my very worst days, I get my butt out of the bed, take a shower, beat my face (a term meaning to apply makeup), find a nice outfit and give myself a spray of my favorite perfume. I may or may not leave the house, but being out of bed makes me feel better.

Of course timely doses of your prescribed medication and exercise helps ease pain, as well. If your medication isn't making you feel better, let your doctor know. Sometimes it's hit or miss with medication, meaning that you'll get a prescription and it won't work. Go back to the doctor, let him/her know and try something else. Then, sometimes you may find something that works, but after a while, it's no longer effective. Communication with your doctor is key. Arm yourself with knowledge. Go to arthritis.org and other reputable sites to learn as much as you can about arthritis, medicine, medical advances, etc. Knowledge is power!

Surround yourself with positive and supportive people. I have an understanding family and they know that their love and encouragement sustains me. I hope that you have the same. You can do this! The journey will not be easy, but victory is yours! I have faith in you!
Rubleaux is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bobbi (10-23-2009), Twinkletoes (09-26-2009)