View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 03:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi there everyone & many thanks for your replies...sorry have been offline for a short while...had to have a 3 hour & very painful biopsy last week...but good news on that at least.

With regards to my neck problem & facial numbness...I have spoken to my doctor & he thinks that it needs further investigation so he has written to my neurologist...the appointment has come through for 16th October 2009...yes folks for this year which is most unusual in the UK...

I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis earlier this year, but the doctor is confident that this has not yet developed in my back...if at all that it might never do so...

But he did say that he thinks that I have a compressed nerve in the lower back because I have pain there & the ice pack feeling on my upper legs etc

He is not so sure what is going on with my neck because as I said it is like the normal creaking that we normally get, but much more painful & the numbness & tingling on the left side of my face is relieved when the pain from the neck creak subsides. If I was to try & describe it, I guess it feels more like a snap or pop...well kinda...There is also the fact that when I turn my head from side to side I get the sound which I guess sounds very much like rice crispies...

I thankfully have not had any kind of accident which would relate the problem to the above...

So in 19 days time I will come back & let you know what the Neurologist has decided & whether he would be authorrising any tests.

Take care to all

laikaspirit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (09-27-2009), Darlene (09-30-2009), Hockey (09-27-2009), MelodyL (10-01-2009)