View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 11:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Liza Jane

Sorry to hear about the nasal spray problem. That is alarming that a mistake of that proportion could be made.

About the malaria, You may or may not recall that hubby leads tours every summer into the jungles and bush in various countries around the world. For probably 25 years now, he has been taking 100 mg. Doxycyline 2 days before leaving and continuing it upon return-I believe it is supposed to be daily for 4 weeks afterwards. Neither he nor any of the 30-40 people who go with him have ever had an issue with malaria or some of the GI problems people get when going into other countries. (I don't know if this is co-incidental or not, but I don't think so.)

If you are going to take an anti-malarial, you might want to consider this. I know photosensitivity can be a side effect from this, but they are mainly wearing light-weight long sleeves and long pants and there are practically no mosquitoes biting if they wear Deet... I am not keen on Deet, since I don't know what it would do to PN, but it is effective for healthy people. Then again, you may not be out in the jungles like he is.

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote