View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 06:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question why dont doctors listen to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindi1965 View Post
Excellent answer! Yes, I too, have been through a ton of doctors and only one has seen my leg in a full blown flare. My family MD has done more for me than any other doctor I have seen. He has MS, so he understands all that I have been through. It is a crazy ride with RSD/CRPS, but you have to keep looking and never give up finding a doctor who will listen. That's why I love it here on this board because everyone listens and understands. You are definately among friends here. Good luck and never hesitate to ask questions here or with your doctors.

Hi again,
I was just wondering if any of you have ever done any research about amputation? I have begged the doctors to do that in hopes that I would be able to get a prostestic so that I would atleast be able to be mobile. From what Ive read about amputation there is phantom pain but the pain that I have on rainy days cant even come close to the phantom pain that they talk about. I would really appreciate your view on this & if you've read anything about this. Hubby & I talk about it on a regular basis but we would appreciate someone else's view.
I know that it sounds desperate & I have given it alot of thought---this pain is getting the best of me & Im really trying to fight it. I just want to be able to get into the tub or shower & not have to worry about the water causing me pain. When water hits my leg, it feels like a volcano. It burns anyway but the water makes it worse. I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to talk to someone else about this, because my family has no idea of what I go through on a daily basis. Hubby & I both hurt---he has RA & he has to help me which I know causes him pain but he does it everyday & doesnt say a word about the added pain. I really dont know what I would do without his love & support that he gives at all hours of the day. Even in the wee hours of the morning when Im crying in pain.
I really appreciate the responses that you all have given me & it really means alot that someone else can share what we go thru & not be judged. Thanks again & hope to hear from you. It helps me tremendously to know that Im not alone. Janet
tiredofpain07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-27-2009), SandyS (10-02-2009)