View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Janet,

I don't know where you live but if you tell us what state maybe someone sees a Dr. you might check out.

As far as amputation, I have a friend that lost his arm in a work accident about 6 years ago and he has the phantom pain. They guy is amazing but he lives on pain pills like we do. I would say no on that.

I was thinking you might look around in your area for an Anesteologist that has his own office that takes care of blocks for pain. They know their stuff. There is a lady around here that went to see the same one I saw and he got her up and walking. She walks with a limp but she gets around good now.

As far as the SCS, you can ask on here and I honestly believe you will see more disappointment in them then not. I have seen it around here in my area. I know of 3 people who had them in and they caused spread to all 3 and they are now off or out. Ask questions and research. Why would your Dr. push this with you not wanting it?

Do keep looking for a good Dr. None of us seem to have lucked up on the first one. My PCP does all of my pain management. I have yet to see a good PM Dr. in all that I have seen around here. They seem to get their kickbacks from pushing those pills and SCS's or surgeries in my area.

I'm glad you found the forum. You will learn a lot here and be able to use the knowledge to help you in finding that right Dr. that cares.

As far as ER DRs., none of them know anything about RSD at our hospital. They did however finally bring in an Anesteolgist that works with pain. The ER's seem to be another waste of time for most.

I did want to say why I think Drs. don't want to listen to us. We all have the same line. The pain is unbearable, I can't live with it. I think they hear it so much, it's like old news to them and they don't know what to do for us even if they are listening. I use to tell my Dr. to call in Dr. Kovorkian, or cut off my right arm. A lot of are suicidal from the pain. I just had a girl tell me that yesterday and her Dad is a Minister. I don't think they get the gist of just how much pain we are in unless we show them. Believe me, I showed my Dr. so many times he finally figured out if he didn't do something for me, I most likely would have killed myself.

Ada

Last edited by dreambeliever128; 09-26-2009 at 09:07 PM.
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-27-2009), bobber (09-27-2009), SandyS (10-02-2009)