View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

It won't be an issue with DH, he'd like it if I quit working. I know how to be extremely frugal when necessary so I know we can do it. The home business is really for my sons, and only one is working there now, I haven't been an employee. He does any work that comes along.

I just think it might be a decision I'm forced to make, I don't know if anybody would hire me for the kind of work I do. Who wants somebody that is always half asleep, especially when doing accounting and administration tasks? I don't even think I would hire me if I had the choice for somebody else who was young and energetic.

I'm on my husbands insurance that he has through his union from the IBEW. It's expensive but it would cover me until I'd get medicare.

If I could find a job that would fit with the accommodations I need, I would take it, but I don't know how long I could actually do it to be honest.

The past few years I've noticed myself transpose numbers sometimes. I had ways of checking myself, but would I be able to do that in a new job? Would they put up with me on my slow days (which is really everyday now) or my sick days? So many unknowns, but I'll talk to my MS neuro and also my new PCP when I meet with him on Monday.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (09-28-2009), barb02 (09-28-2009), Debbie D (09-27-2009), Jodylee (09-27-2009), Kitty (09-28-2009), Lady (09-28-2009), SallyC (09-27-2009), Twinkletoes (09-28-2009)