View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 12:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i love rolfing. since its just your foot, i would think rolfing might help.

good luck

mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimichicago View Post
has anybody had any luck with rolfing or other intense forms of massage in relieving your pain? i guess i'm only addressing people with isolated rsd--mine is only in my left foot, which nobody touches but me (sometimes i'll have my bf or mom put tiger balm on it, but SO gently), so i'm able to get massages elsewhere on my body without fear or pain. my gait and my spine are messed up from limping and favoring my left foot for so long, so i'm wondering if doing something to realign my body could contribute to a more correct nervous system response to stepping down. one of my PTs did this thing to release tension in the tendons of my left leg, which she said would minimize the jarringness of my step--similar idea, though i'm not sure if it worked or not.

btw: it's been a while since i've posted, so here's my status: i've had slow-developing RSD in my foot since i strained it on a run in 2001; first found myself on crutches for it in 2004; wasn't diagnosed till november 2008.

thanks, everyone! i always feel better after a visit to this site. i sometimes forgot i'm not the only one in the world dealing with this invisible tyrant.
ALASKA MIKE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (09-27-2009)