View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 02:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the Wow!, Hockey. To be honest, I don't know how scared I'm supposed to be with this thing. I'm also wondering if the seven years I spent studying martial arts in my 30s and 40s damaged anything. I studied Aikido, which is a spiritual art and strictly defensive, but you do a lot of rolls and get thrown down a lot. I never concussed (to my knowledge) during this time because you're trained to fall. That training never leaves--recently I tripped on new pavement and fell flat on my face but the only thing hurt was my glasses. Of course, I guess that was more G's applied to the brain. I must have been thrown on the mat hundreds of times during those years. And here I had been begging to get back on the mat and the doctors still were saying no. Glad I didn't.

See, when someone in 1987 tells you that something is insignificant, you tend to file it away, because of the authority we give to doctors. Nobody every caught the missing artery because they weren't scanning that low in my cranium. Aliens? I thought that all of us came from a spaceship. I do remember the parts list--it was 680 pages long and I had a headache anyway.

More later. It's almost Yom Kippur

gershonb
gershonb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote