View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 03:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Janet,

I agree with the others - don't hesitate to get another PM doctor. Many of us have been through a lot of them. Keep looking. If it doesn't feel right then it's not. The only doctor that has lasted a long time for me is my Boston doctor at St. Elizabeth's. I have searched all over RI for a good pain management doctor and I can't find one. I'm just not going to bother anymore.

My PCP writes my pain meds for me. My husband and I have been going to him for 20 and 15 years, respectively, and we have a great relationship with him and his staff. I had one snafu with an admin asst. that cost me an incredibly painful weekend without meds - it happens. I was ready to switch to another office. But in the end we worked out a way for me to stay with him and just communicate through another asst in his office. Do you or your husband have a PCP?

Read FMichael's message very carefully. He is incredibly smart and well informed - one of the best! He gave you some great info. You may want to also read the info he provided on another thread regarding pain management books and their authors - we were writing about pain psychologists.

I really wish you the best of luck. I know what you mean about wanting to cut off the offending limb because it hurts so bad. Unfortunately, my worst pain is in my head. Can't cut that off.....I'm learning to breathe and it really does make a difference for me.

XOXOX Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-27-2009), hope4thebest (09-28-2009), SandyS (10-02-2009)