View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 05:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Gabby,
I don't know if each state is different but I have a PPO (BlueCross) and all of a sudden they decide they are not paying for my ketamine infusions anymore. I hate insurance companies. The first neurololgist I was wanted me to get IVIG treatments. They denied them too. He told me he was actually on the phone with the ins. company doctor and they had screaming match. They told him he worded something wrong when he filled the pre-authorization form out and now could not change it and they were denying the treatment. The best was the MD who worked for the ins company was a pediatrician making medical decisions for a neurology patient. I remember always being told Blue Cross was the best ins. I don't think so anymore.
Sorry, didn't mean to go on about ins companies just venting. I am thinking about getting a third opinion and I was wondering if you know if Dr. Richman is taking any new RSD patients? I love Dr. Schwartzman but my daughter says maybe I need to see someone else also. She says ketamine is really Dr. Shawartzman's baby and since my insurance is no longer paying (I am fighting) that possibly another doctor with another treatment may help.
I'd appreciate any infor you may be able to give me on treatment options
Thanks
Hopeful
Hopeful
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbycakes View Post
Dear SandyRi,

HSS doctors all have different rules there like sub-contractors for the hospital. I believe the the only 2 doctors who do the 5 day in-patient ketamine is Dr. Richman, who is my doctor, and Dr. Walden. I would call them direct. The web-site is www.hss.edu you can look them up by name. Dr. Richman really is strict on the insurance he will take and it has to be a PPO he does not participate with any insurance company and ops out of medicare. If I was going to have this procedure I would do it at HSS the care is really superior, I also had many surgeries to fix my inquiry and each had semi-long stays 4,5,6 days each time.

Good Luck...

Gabbycakes

QUOTE=SandyRI;571157]Hi Gabby,

The HSS told me that they weren't taking new RSD patients. I later found out that I was denied because they don't accept WC. I wonder why they just didn't tell me the truth?

I will likely go to St. Luke's (but I am still waiting for Dr. Getson of Marlton NJ to get back to me, I sent an application to him also). Do you know anything about their facility? I did get an e-mail from one person who has been there.

What happened to your metabolism?

Did you return to work?

I want ketamine not only because I want to become painfree, but also because I want to return to work. If I can get rid of enough of my symptoms so that I can get off most of these meds it would be awesome!!

Thanks for any additional info you can provide to us, and feel well (borrowed that expression from Pete)

XOXOX Sandy
[/QUOTE]
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote