Thread: Bryanna,
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bryanna,

Bryanna........question please
I have upper top two molar. last molar is implant and second is an old crown. I had to have surgery and when they incubated me they accidentally pulled crown dow on 2nd to last. ( sorry forget tooth #) to make story short, i have a bery open space between the two teeth that is allowing food to get in that area. I floss all the time as well as brush, I take care of my teeth,.
This weekend i noticed pain , which should not be the case as one is implant and other crown, but there is infection in gum. I called my wonderful dentist and he put me on amox, 500 mg. Problem is that it is not helping, At one point the gum line was even white along adjacent teeth. So i do know that i need a new crown put on, however until there is no infection there is no sense.
Question is why is there pain and swelling of gum area when the two teeth are dead so to speak? Also is it worth calling dentist and asking for another antibiotic?
I swear it always seems like something is going on, and when it rains it pours, and boy teeth are so expensive. My dentist is wonderful, just don't get the pain part?

I appreciate any help and guidance on this one, Once again thanks, you are great...

Ouch

jane

When i get this sorted i have questions on bridges, as i need to address that as well, but have to put this fire out first....gotta keep playing the lottery here........thanks Bryanna
ouch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote