View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 08:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Low dose Naltrexone

Hey guys,

I've been reading some really interesting things about this drug. It's a drug that was originally intended for people with heroin and alcohol addictions. It works by blocking the endorphins that are released in association with the drug use. Anyway, apparently, in lower doses, it works by blocking the release of those endorphins for only a few hours which in turn causes more endorphins to be created. Somehow this affects the immune system in a very positive way, 'restoring' it to normalcy. It's being used for cancer, MS, crohn's, Fibromyalgia, CFS and ALS patients. It seems to be very successful for people with MS.

This seems to sorta change the paradigm that we need to suppress the immune system instead of 'restore' it.

Has anyone heard of this drug? I only really started looking into it today, but I'd be curious to know if anyone has talked to their neuro. about it.

It sorta reminds me of this herb I was taking right before my MG symptoms became prominent, back in December. It was called moducare, and supposedly worked by restoring the balance between T3 and T4 cells. I stopped taking it because I thought that it was making me worse (which it prolly was). Apparently, these types of medicines can temporarilly make symptoms worse prior to getting better, like prednisone, I guess, but for different reasons.

Here is a video I found of a doctor who has been using it for Pancreatic cancer patients with a lot of success. The video also talks about ALA, vitamin D and autoimmune diseases...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRI5f...eature=related

Hope you're all feeling well!
Nicky

Last edited by Nicknerd; 09-27-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a little video I found
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (09-28-2009), Pat 110 (09-28-2009), rach73 (09-28-2009), SharS (09-28-2009), suev (09-27-2009)