View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 01:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't have RSD, but I do have pain issues and jeans and many other pants are so uncomfortable and painful for me...

At home, I wear soft pajama pants all the time... for a long time I would just suffer in jeans when I left the house because I couldn't find anything else that was comfortable and acceptable to wear for going out.

Then I went out and bought a bunch of wind pants... the nylon kind that make noise when you walk. I found several kinds in the "work-out" area of the local clothing store, and I bought several that had the soft-cotton inner liner and a drawstring/elastic waist.... because tight elastic bothers me, I bought the pants in a size XL (I normally wear a Small).

They are big on me, but that is what makes them comfortable enough to wear, and because of the drawstring on the waist I am able to wear huge pants without having them fall down. I tie the drawstring and then I fold the waistband over a few times so that the soft cotton liner is toughing my waist instead of the elastic.

My other "go out" pants are all nurses scrub pants. I went online and found several types of scrub pants that are nice enough to wear when I go out. Again, I made sure to buy ones that had a drawstring waist and again I bought them in a larger size than I needed because that gives me extra room and less rubbing of the fabric on my skin - and it also make me able to roll the waistband so that it is more comfortable.

I have several 'scrub' pants that are so nice that they look like khakis or those nice black pants that are slightly dressy. They are nice eough that I can wear them to dinner at nice restaurants - but they are so comfortable because they are made of a softer cotton that normal pants.... plus, they are very easy to wash and wear (no ironing needed, no special washing or drying instructions).
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote