View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 09:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Had my sleep study last week

Hey, I am glad you posted this thread because I forgot to update everyone here about my sleep study.

I had my study about a week ago and it was "ok". I go on Wed to get the results but I know I am headed for a c-pap machine. They told me when I went that if I stopped breathing for more than 5 seconds more than 3 times they would wake me and put the mask on me for the duration. Well, at 1am they came in and got me hooked up to the c-pap.

They showed me a mask model (goes over the nose) and also showed me "a nose pillow" which is a little bulb that goes under the nose (on the strap around your head) and is much less intrusive. I opted for the pillow for my test, and I hope to get that when I get my machine, the mask was too restricting.

So, before I derail your thread too much, did you get a mask or nose pillow?

I know it will take getting used to but all my friends/family that use it say you will get used to it. Just keep a bottle of water by your bed since you get so much dry mouth. That was the worst part of my sleep study, terrible dry mouth. I also normally sleep on my stomach and I had to sleep on my back,

I hope you will get used to it and hope I will also. I look forward to reading the rest of the replies.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jodylee (09-28-2009), SallyC (09-27-2009)