View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 07:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default why wont doctors listen to us??

Hi Bobber,
I agree with you that this doesnt effect any 2 people the same way. I definitely agree with you that no 2 people can take the same meds & have them work the same way, but if you would hear my doctor ramble on about how a certain medication helps so & so, so it should help you. I guess hes along that thinking that maybe I should be taking the same strength of perocet that Ive been on for 2 years now & be getting relief--even though the nurses that I have coming to the house have told me that you build up a tolerance for them especially after this long a period. I have been on some pretty strong medications in the past when I had the rsd in my foot & I stopped them "cold turkey" with no side effects or withdrawels at all. I have also told the PM doctor that all I want is relief that I dont want to become a "zombie", but he refuses. The insurance that I have doesnt allow me many choices on who I can see & thats another problem that I have to deal with.
I had to wait for 3 months before I was allowed to see another ortho--which only made things worse for me, but no one seemed to care about that. I guess their theory was--oh well Janet can wait, its not as though shes dying or anything like that, she only hurts. Or Im sure she only wants the pills!!! There is a major drug problem here in Tn & the doctors all treat everyone like they are only there to see them for the "PILLS" & nothing else. If you would see what we have seen going to the pain doctors, Im sure you would fall over, its unreal!!! You have the ones that are just after the pills & its so obvious, but when I go in, they cant see the difference between them & me. I really dont understand why. When I was going to a PM doctor for my back, we saw a man run into to sign in, then run back to his car for his cane, run half way back & then started to limp when he got close to the window. Im not joking at all.
I really dont think that the PM doc's can tell whose really hurting & who just wants the pills & it really should be obvious. I went to one clinic where they did the injections & for 3 months I couldnt feel anything from the waist down, the notes from that office visit disappeared. When I called them & told them that my legs were on FIRE, they told me that they didnt do anything wrong & magically the notes just vanished---it was like I wasnt even there on that day---before that day & after that day were there, but everything else was gone.
I really appreciate everyones advice that Ive gotten on this, it means more to me than anyone will know. Its just really nice to know that Im not alone anymore, because for a very long time thats exactly how I felt.
The causalgia that you talk about, I have seen that on my office notes but it doesnt go into detail on what it is, could you explain---if you dont mind---exactly what that is?? I sure would appreciate it. Im not normally on during the week between the hours of 8-4 central time because I have to keep the phone line open for the home health to call & Im hoping to get my powered wheelchair today, along with a new mattress for my hospital bed, so its going to be a busy day today, but I will check back after 6 central time. I really cant thank ya'll enough for all that you have given to me in the last couple of days. There are NO words!!!! Just saying "thank you" doesnt seem anywhere close to being enough!! Just know that it comes from the bottom of my heart.
Janet
tiredofpain07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (10-02-2009)