Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Allen,
I'm sorry that you are going through this. Was this PA in the PM's office or something else.

I see that a lot around here. The PM DRs. here are doing better then they were but I have friends that went from Dr. to Dr. until they found one that would take care of them and give them the narcotics they need.

My PCP takes care of my meds and there's only one other PCP in this area that will do it. We have no PM's in the area so it makes everyone have to leave the area. Even in Co. Springs it's hard to find a PM Dr. that wants to give anyone Narcotics. Makes you wonder why they are called PM Drs.

I have seen people dropped also because of meds and medical problems by a Dr. I have a friend here that was dropped by her Dr. because she had too much wrong with her. She got a letter in the mail. This Dr. won't take Fibro patients either. He makes his office girls ask people when they call if they have Fibro.

The laws have became so strict over the past few years that even the PM's don't want to give out meds.

I have a feeling you will find that a Dr. can anymore do what the hell he wants to do. I talked to several lawyers that said it has been made a lot harder to sue a Dr. these days.

Just keep looking though, there is a Dr. out there that will give you the meds you need. Also ask about Methadone if you haven't tried it. It has the least side effects of most and is becoming the pain med of choice for Drs. and patients.

Feel better soon.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote