View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default No sense of time.

I cannot keep up with dates nowadays. I can't remember how many years anything have been. If I misdate something here it goes with my brain not working right.

I became ill in 87 and went down hill from there. It will be 20 years in Nov. of this year.

What frustrates me I can't tell you when anything happened. I try to remember how long it's been since certain family members died and birthdates.

When my step daughter wrote to me today she said that Bill's Mom died 5 years ago. It honestly seemed like 3 to me. I have lost 2 brothers and a sister, a brother-in-law, a sister-in-law, 3 uncles and 2 aunts since 98 but can't tell you what years.

I can't remember appointments. I can't remember half of what Drs. tell me when I see them.

I think it's one of the most frustrating things. Drs. will ask me when something started and I can't tell them. I was thrown out of a Drs. office because he asked me to read a book on Fibro and I couldn't remember much of anything I read. I actually owned the book so I did read it. My caregiver was with me and she couldn't believe I was thrown out of his office because of that.

Everybody says write down appt. times. I do and forget to look at the calender. I forget to write in my journal all of the time.

Do any of you deal with this?

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote