View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 12:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Freaked out in the MRI!

Today I went for an MRI. Of course I had to drive myself so I couldn't get a mild sedative for my clausterphobia. I've had MRI's before without one and everything was fine. The MRI was a 3Tesla (3T) so I don't know if that was the difference or what.

They put me in this horrible head thingy (no clue what to call it!) and I was complete trapped. It was different than the ones I have had in the past. I was cold so they gave me a blanket. As soon as they put me into the MRI I started to freak out. I got super hot, my heart was racing, I couldn't breath and felt like I was going to get sick. So I squeeze the panic button and they ask what is wrong and I tell them I am hot and feel sick and GET ME OUT OF HERE. So they did and took everything off of me so I could calm down.

Then they tried it again only this time they put on the head thingy that I've had before - way less confining, no blanket and sent me back in. I told myself if I freaked out again I would simply reschedule for when I could have someone drive me so I could take a sedative.

Luckily this time I was okay at first. When I started to panic a little way into it I reminded myself if I stopped now I'd have to do it all over again from the beginning next time. That helped calm me down. I don't know what happened at the beginning - I've never experienced something like that before. I made sure to thank the tech for her patience and understanding.

Now I have to wait for the results and hope all is good. My neuro wants to be sure my fatigue isn't an MS flare and is just regular fatigue (well as regular as MS fatigue can be!). He mentioned that I may have to change my med but I hope not. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (09-28-2009), Becca44 (09-28-2009), Dejibo (09-28-2009), gonnamakeit (09-28-2009), Kitty (09-28-2009), NurseNancy (09-28-2009), Twinkletoes (09-28-2009)