View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 04:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default is it my nerves?

Hello... I don't know which is the correct department to post. I posted this on dental department as well: FYI, I do not have any type of numbness or pain just pins and needles and twitching and vibrating sensation like invisible tremors around lips and face and mouth area.

Here is my story:

During my second pregnancy, I had an untreated abscess on front tooth. It was left untreated throughout the pregnancy about a year. Initial pain but the pain went away so I didn't think it was serious.

During that time, I noticed symptoms such as weird tightness in nose like around the septum and twitching. Then my lips and mouth start to twitch and facial trembling.

After delivery I treated the tooth with root canal(haven't put on crown yet). The dentist said that the bacteria was probably causing the twitching and tingling. Did follow up xrays the bacteria looks like it is gone. I took antibiotics etc.

Before all the twitching and tingling around face occurred (months before) my teeth (fron teeth)would feel like pins and needles but eventually went away. Do I have gum disease? My dad had gum disease. But they looked at my gums it looks healthy. My calcium level is normal all blood test normal.

So now what? I'm still having tightness around septum, nose area and twtiching and tingling around lips both top and bottom 2 months after the tooth was treated. Could the bacteria have caused nerve damage? I feel like when I drink water goes up but no water coming out of nose... it's WEIRD... neuro said for me to go see endo. She doesn't know either. What is wrong with me? It's been a nightmare. Is the bacteria hiding in there still like anerobic bacteria?
chokato is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote