View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Just because the radiologist's report says "nothing has changed" doesn't mean "nothing has changed". My first MRI had 2 spots, which wasn't enough when correlated with my hearing loss to give me an MS diagnosis. I went 2 years with really no symptoms to speak of and had 2 MRIs where the radiologist's report said "no change". After the 2nd one, I almost didn't go to the neurologist for the annual followup, thinking whats the point.

I did, and after she looked at the MRI scans, she came back and said "a picture is worth a thousand words". What the radiologist meant was that there was no change...in that I still had unexplained high intensity spots on the MRI. Except now instead of 2 I had 5-7...and an MS diagnosis.

So don't be so sure that the MRI is clear just because the report doesn't mention anything...go in with an open mind and talk to the neuro. If you trust her and believe in her, let her do the job you are paying her for (to figure out what is wrong).

Other than that, don't worry about not having a name for it. Just live your life to the fullest doing the things you CAN do and don't worry for now about not having a name for the things that you can't. Live your life instead of living your disease...whatever disease or affliction it may turn out to be.
TXBatman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Freesia38 (09-29-2009), SallyC (09-28-2009)