View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 07:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Leaning!

I work about 6.5 hours per day 5 days a week. When I get home I pretty much immediately get off my feet. If I don't I can't make it the next day. Luckily I am a partner in my firm so I can pick my hours. I am only required to work a minimum amount of hours per year. I also can work from home connecting into my office. Is that an option for you? Maybe you can work out something with your employer. I find that if I push it for a 8 hour day, I pay for it on the next day and wind up missing more work...so if I stagger my hours and rest appropriately...it works well for me.

If they require a 40 hour week, is Saturday an option? You could work 6.5 hours 6 days a week possibly? I'm sorry that you have to worry about this on top of the disease itself....as you probably already know stress and worry is our worst enemy.

Speaking as an employer myself, I try to work with all my people to accomodate them...Our staff is our biggest asset at my firm and most people have been there a long time...we like to retain and keep good folks.

Talk to your supervisor or employer...maybe there are other options.

Take Care
JJ
JCPA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote