View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 07:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tourettes

Hi- My son was diagnosed last year right before his 7th birthday. I have him on fish oil by Carlson (it has a different concentration than other fish oils) and Twin Labs Complex B viatmins. I have tried to cut out food with dyes also and give him less candy. He was doing better but I noticed more ticcing the last few days. His tics are aggravated by stress and excitement mostly so I'm not sure if the diet alterations will help-- but I'm going to try monitoring it even more closely. He did have a red dye lollipop last week and chinese food with possible MSG so that could have been a trigger.

I also have TS-- although I didn't know that is what I've had since I was 10 until my son was diagnosed last year. I'm 36 now! I can tell you that it is just a feeling of pressure that builds up in a particular body part which you feel an urge to release by blinking, stretching, touching, tapping etc.. I definitely think it is heightened by stress!

Good luck. Hope you find something that works. It can be tough b/c once yu think you find something the tics often just resurface again a few days or weeks later.
kcampo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (10-03-2009)