View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 11:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Leaningin

I am so sorry for what you're going through. My struggle with working has reached a maximum point over the past 6 months. I just posted about it all "Sorry it's been so long - Big News!". You can read that post to see what all has been going on. I've made several posts about it this summer.

It is so hard to know what to do. I'm a little better off in that I'm married and not the sole source of income, but it's still really tough. Do you have short and/or long term disability insurance? If you do, that could help buy some time (the short term anyway). I've just gone on long term disability and had to resign my job.

The key (which I did not do) thing is balance and pacing yourself. My doctor said to view it as you have a dollar bill to spend each day and you have to make it last all day. You can't borrow from the next day or save some and use it another day. I didn't abide by this and kept trying to "push through" until I reached the point I collapsed (lost my voice, could hardly breathe, couldn't walk, etc). It has taken me six months to get back on my feet. But, I still can't talk much, walk through a store or work at all. You don't want to push yourself to the point you collapse like this. It is very, very hard to get back if you do.

Will your boss let you work at home some? Do you have to be on your feet all day? Can you sit? Will he let you take short rest breaks during the day? Can you work more days and shorter hours like others suggested?

Please feel free to message me or email me at sharman.sherfey@gmail.com if you want to discuss details in more depth.

Sharman
SharS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote