View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

HA HA I am confused too!

Well according to the neuro..it is progressive not RRMS like I was told from the beginning. But she canot tell me if it is SPMS or PPMS at this point, which is really confusing! What I do know is we are on Avonex now, and she already has plans to switch me to TY but we have to do the 6 months of Avonex first.

The silly surgeon has done what every other doctor I have seen lately does. As soon as they hear you have MS they try to push you off onto the neuro. He did give me a cream to put on the stitches, and that was about it. And he recommends I follow up with the neuro. For some reason he seems to think that because I am on Avonex that I should not be on an antibiotic. I stopped seeing this particular dr when I had my daughter because he went on vacation while I was in labor (I was at his office in labor when he left and got on a plane to Bermuda!). I continued to see the midwife there who is amazing, but she couldn't do the surgery, we had to call this guy back in. And as we discovered today... once again.... this guy is a moron, and this is why I switched to the midwife.

I did speak to the lovely nurse at the neuro's office who told me if the fever doesn't break or the infection gets worse to call her right away and they will call in an antibiotic. She understands I am not too concerned with the MS probs (new ones anyway) because it could be from the stress of surgery, or the infection, or a number of things. Plus they plan on doing another MRI on the 15th so we will look at it then. And no, no more steroids. they only make me sick. For some reason they seem to make all of my sx worse and do nothing good for me.

It is just frustrating! I should not have to call my neuro bc my uterus hurts. That is not her department. That's like going to McDonald's and asking for laundry detergent!

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote