View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I had TOS surgery in 99 or 2000, can't remember the year but mine was on the right side by Dr. Sanders. When he did mine they had a product that could be used to help keep scar tissue down. They later recalled it because of the container it was in, I don't know if it is being used again but it might be something you might ask about if you have surgery.

On my left side, Dr. Sanders went in under my arm a few years ago to take out 3 inches of muscle to help with the chest pain. It helped quite a bit. I still have the chest pain as I have talked about on here before but not near as bad and it's calm until I do something to aggreviate it.

IF you have surgery you also might want to ask for a block to ward off RSD if you don't already have it and ask for the block if you do to keep the RSD from getting worse or coming back out if you have it in check.

The Drs. do surgery two different ways. Some go in under the arm and some like Dr. S. goes in at the neck to take out the rib. After seeing how big those scars are from under the arm, I am happy with my 2 inch scar at the neck/shoulder area.

Do a lot of research about Drs. and a lot about the surgery. A lot of us have had TOS surgery and each will have their own story to tell. I hope mine helps and I hope you do find the answers and the results you want.

Ada

Last edited by dreambeliever128; 01-09-2007 at 02:13 PM.
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote