View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 06:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to our little corner of the world. You're a part of it now too.

Back pain is miserable pain. I have heard about the stimulators, heard mixed things. some swear by it; others swear at it.

Just to name some of the things I've used for back pain relief.

Celebrex, Darvon 65, Lidoderm 5% patches (you numb me and I'll move), Zanaflex, Flexeril, Baclofen (at different times took different things). My cervical epidurals gave me some low back pain relief, too.

PT, yoga, stretches, aqua therapy, oversized tennis balls (Wal-Mart), Theracane, Miracle Balls, spinal alignment board, Kinesio tape, LED and infrared lightz. Ultrasound-didn't seem to give me any relief, e-stim-PT department. Loose fitting pants, if I wore any-couldn't tolerate a band of any type. pillows. gave up smoking. started drinking water to help with hydration. It's important. Take Fish Oil, and other vits. heat and ice or cold water to tolerance at the end of shower.

so many things. I've bought a massagge chair - didn't use too much. an oscillator, I think is what that thing was. put your ankles in it and it moved them in a circular motion - didn't use that too much either.

so many things. It will keep you busy trying to find relief.

A hot tub does wonders. Had one a long time ago. I've got TOS also, so cleaning a hot tub would be challenging and painful at times.

I have also learned relaxation techniques. Can't say that helped with the back pain, though.

I gave up a lot to ease my back pain, and to ease other things too. I have many other areas with problems. TOS is a TOUGH way to go along with. I need my arms. very painful and very unnerving.

Back pain is miserable pain. You can't sit, stand, lay, walk, ride, drive, roll, bend, squat, make love or run if you needed to. Just downright miserable 24/7. Hell, I couldn't even buy a good day/moment when my back was at it's worst.

I do understand. hang in there. Keep trying. You will find something or some position that suits you better.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote