View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Mike,

Welcome to our group.

I also deal with those same problems. I don't sleep walk but I fall asleep on the edge of the bed sitting up or on the commode. I really try to watch this because of my arms and hands being messed up from other falls.

I have fell 13 times due to meds mostly. It took me that many falls to realize I don't belong on most meds. By then I had so much wrong with me that I can't get well.

I am only on a light dosage of Methadone and I use Lidocaine patches. I haven't fell outside for awhile but I have almost feel off of the comode as I had said and getting out of bed at night. I also have Cronic Fatigue Syndrome so I think that plays a part in my falling at night or evenings when I am extremely tired.

I had this bright ideal once that if my Dr. would give me some sleeping pills so that I would get some full night sleeps I would finally get through the not sleeping and the fatigue. He thought it was a smart ideal but told me it wouldn't work. I got so aggraviated with not sleeping.

I wake up now every hour just about. You would think a person would get use to it but I don't and apparently you haven't either. I ended up with RSD in 98 or 99 from TOS surgery.

I think it comes with the RSD. I also have Fibro and they chalk it up to that along with depression but I honestly do think it comes mostly from the RSD from what I have read. I will say though I honestly believe that the meds also have a lot to do with the sleeping problems. It's just so hard to seperate them all.

I don't have sleep apnea nor am I obese so I can't say those effect my sleeping.

Have a good day.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote