View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 10:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What are your finger nails like?

Hi
This may seem like a bizarre question, but Im very interested in your responses!

My mum pointed out to me a few days ago that there is something wrong with my finger nails and I have been fascinated by this ever since!

Over the last few years I have developed vertical ridges on my nails and I have pitting (small pits that look like the surface of a thimble). I also have small splinter heamorrages under my nails. None of this has been caused by trauma to the nail bed as I really dont do anything! I do the dishes with rubber gloves as I have sensitive skin, I also wear gloves if and when I do any cleaning!

Has anyone else noticed a change in their nails since becomming ill? Has anyone ever spoken to their Dr about a change in the condition of their nails? Has a Dr ever examined your nails?

Im really keen to hear your responses. I have really only just noticed how much worse they are. Ive certainly never had a Dr look at them. Ive never said to the Dr that my nails have changed.

Thanks.....I know it seems nuts but it could be very interesting and I do want to hear from the guys as well as the girls!

Love
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote