Thread: Rfa?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 04:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sharon~
Welcome to the forum, but sorry you have to be here. Sounds like you have a lot to deal with too. Hang in there!

I did want to comment on this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by semurray View Post
Here's one you will all appreciate: Spoke to neuro this afternoon as PM is on vacation. He has perscribed Tramadol for my head and worsening back pain and on Monday I should make appt. with PM for RFA. I take 20 to 30 mg of Elavil at bedtime for sleep and some pain (from my GP). I ask neuro if the Tramadol can be taken with Elavil, he says sure no problem, I ask pharmacist when I pick up Tramadol if there is a problem with that and Elavil, she says no problem. I read the drug sheet provided by the pharmacist and low and behold YOU CANNOT TAKE TRAMADOL AND ELAVIL TOGETHER can cause seizures and other pretty major problems. Now what do I do, if I stop the Elavil I will go through withdrawl, but the pain is pretty intense so I opted to take the Tramadol this evening and tomorrow morning, if my headache and backache are improved I will need to take at least 10 mg of Elavil. Honestly you can't trust any body with your health these days!
I take 50mg of Elavil at bedtime and I also take Tramadol 37.5mg 4x’s/day. I've been on this combination for over two years with no problems. Sometimes I think they have to put the warning on there if something happened to one person out of 3 million, just to cover their butts. Of course this is just my opinion and I am not a medical professional.

I hope you find some relief soon! Take care and keep us in formed--we care!
Hugs,
Jan