View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I have spinal lesions, too. Yours may not be permanent but it's always taken my bouts with numbness at least a couple of months to clear up. At least with my legs it has. My first experience with numbness was before I was dx and I thought I had a pinched nerve. I was numb from the waist down.....totally. Even my behind was numb! It went away (slowly) on it's own after several months. That was my first major "flare". My next one was a couple of years later and it was double vision. Again, it lasted several months and cleared up on it's own. That, however, I had to address more thoroughly than I did the numbness. Strange thing....each time it began in Sept/Oct and lasted through December.

I've had to relearn how to use my right hand. It was difficult at first and I couldn't even blow dry my hair using that hand (I can now, though). Good thing that came out of that episode is that now I can use either right or left to do just about anything!

I hope you feel better soon.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote