Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 09:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greta View Post
the more we interfere and think we can try to manage the damage or fix things....the worse we seem to make it. I think if we left most things alone, we'd probably do better.
I can see where that might make sense at first but, there are far too many people on the planet now to leave well enough alone and hope for the best, thinking nature will fend for itself and it'll all work out. Things are pretty out of whack and we keep stacking the deck in our species' favor.

Don't get me wrong - I'm rooting for us - but we have to start realizing we're Part of the whole, we're part of 'nature' and our survival depends on keeping the entire interdependent network of organisms in play. And if not, be pretty dang sure we're not pulling out an intergral piece of this house of cards.

I was watching that Ken Burns piece on national parks... If the government hadn't set aside the national parks and put federal protections in place, there'd be houses all along the grand canyon and the boundary waters in my state would be a giant resort with strip malls dotting every 10 miles....
Becca44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (09-29-2009), TheSleeper (09-30-2009)