View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 10:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile update on the pain clinic

Hi everyone!!! Sorry I have been so far out of the loop lately! I have been at the rehab institute of Washington (RIW) for weeks! For those of you who don't know I was hurt at work (I am nurse) and ended up with rsd. The good thing is that I have met quite a few people with rsd while there. They range from pretty functional to little movement of the effected limb. It is rare to actually encounter someone else who has this other than on the internet. So I would say that is positive for the program.
I went in so ****** off and not wanting to do a "pain" program...but now after weeks.....5+ I am GOING BACK TO WORK!!!! I finish the program this week and start work the next. I won't start back full time but it is better than nothing! I just wanted to let you all know that there is hope! They took me off all my meds...and then started guinea pigging me on others for the pain and finally put me back on my narcs....at least I was able to be off them for awhile and get to take lower dose now but I wouldn't recommend the process. They totally lied to me that I couldn't go into the program if I was on narcs but then when I got there and met other rsd people I found they all were still on them.
Anyway, sorry to ramble I have just missed you all and hope you are all having low pain days and am thinking happy thoughts your way!
Jennelle
Jennelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (09-29-2009), ALASKA MIKE (09-30-2009), ali12 (10-05-2009), dreambeliever128 (10-02-2009), fmichael (09-29-2009), hope4thebest (10-05-2009), SandyRI (09-30-2009), SBOWLING (09-30-2009)