View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 11:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpoolgurl View Post
Hey everyone, hope everyone is having a good day. This week has been rough, as both my fiance and I came down with the dreaded swine flu. Guess I won't be needing that shot after all!

Anyway, I wanted to ask those of you who have had the ketamine infusions about them. Did it work for you? How long do they take? Any side effects? How long were you in remission? I would like any and all details about this.

My doctor said that if I wanted to do these, she would write me a referral to the doctor out of Drexel that does them. She did say she has concerns about them, as she has other patients who do them, and they have reported terrible side effects to her. She said they have told that while getting the infusions, they have horrible hallucinations of being attacked, murdered, raped, etc. Is this true? Or is this only for certain people?

How well does this work, and would you recommend it or no? I want to find out anything and everything about it, so that I can make an educated decision. If this works for others, then maybe I need to consider this instead of the SCS, especially if I want to have children. This would be a better choice, overall- and if a few hours of hallucinations means months being pain free, then maybe the trade off is worth it.

Thanks everyone!
Hi Brittany and Welcome to Neurotalk,
I'm so sorry you and your fiance have the swine flue. I'm getting tested tomorrow-had chest infection for long long time. But I know a poor immune system goes with RSD.
Sorry I don't know about ketamine, only that the trial study was done here at the Mayo in Scottsdale. A friend of mine was their assistant. I always wondered since they did the trial, why didn't they proceed in offering the treatment to patients? We live just a couple miles from it, maybe I'll check that out.
My Dr. just built and opened two clinics here in AZ. He has a HBOT in each of the clinics and having success in the HBOT treatment. I've saving to undergo the treatment. My Dr. is a neurologist, psychiatrist and pharmacologist. I've been seeing him for 5 years. As soon as I can affort it, I'm going for the HBOT.
Wish you well in getting treatment. I was 31 when my only daughter was born. From my heart, I hope you can have your baby. Others on here, have said their rsd went away when they were pregnant, then came back.
Take care, loretta soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote