View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 01:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Criminy! I've been wondering what that crackling in my left ear was all about! I'm finally having my thorough neurological checkup starting this Thursday, about 42 years late.... I'll ask about that, too. You can read my history in other posts....

I really hope that this health care reform passes, because there are an awful lot of us out there who really need it. BTW, Prozac really helped my deep depression when I first went on it in 1986 when it came out, but over time it stopped doing anything. Now I take Cymbalta, which does okay with the arthritis/nerve pain, but isn't spectacular. The original descriptions of "typical depressions" was that they last from a few weeks to about 6-8 months, and "usually resolve on their own." Our drug arsenal as well as our culture are not equipped to deal with depression that goes on and on and on. I've found that it helps to communicate that you are scientifically literate in some way--that way the doctor will "respect" you--at least as much as they can in these days when medical "heroes" are portrayed like the damaged, egocentric doctors in "House."

Is the palatomyoclonus the ear plugging?

gershonb
gershonb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote