View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 08:25 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Big big hugs for Cheeto!

This post got me all choked up. I too adopted a papillon, an adult male. They have more heart in those tiny little bodies then people would ever know.

My little guy was beaten and dropped at a kill shelter. The rescue agency found him and took him -24 hrs before he would have been put down.

He was so crazy cute, who would do that? You could have opened the door and let him run away, and the first person who saw him would have kept him!

First time we met, he came over and covered me in doggy kisses. He didn't know me from Adam, but he was willing to trust another human, after everything he'd been through.

It took a while, but he finally *got* that when we picked anything up, it was NOT to hit him with it.

He's the sweetest, love -y - est boy ever, mommy's little shadow.

I gave him a new name too. He WAS Patches. I said, that's a name you give something you throw away, rags, trash, things that need to be patched up. A new life, a new family, a new name. Rudy, because you have Rudolph Valentino's eyes.

He was 2 yr old or so, but in minutes he knew his name.

I'm sorry little Cheeto had such a horrible start in this world, but glad he has a second chance. I think God watches over these little sweethearts, and saves a special place for them.
ewizabeth (09-30-2009), GmaSue (09-30-2009), Hockey (09-30-2009), mrsD (09-30-2009)