View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Non-MS friendly grocery stores rant

It is officially fall here in Virginia. The temperatures have dropped (FINALLY!!) and we are beginning to see a little less of our friend the sun every day.

Today I ventured out for the first time in a week to the grocery store of all places.(yes, my life is that exciting!) I didn't really have a choice, after last night's dinner which was comprised of the last of the chicken and veggies in the freezer, my poor family would be down to licking the walls tonight if I didn't bite the bullet and venture out.

So off I go, baggy jeans on so the button doesn't touch the stitches, grocery list in hand, clinging to the cart for balance. And I discover that my grocery store has adapted to this change in seasons. They turned on the heat. Every 10 feet I am blasted with hot air! And of course we are out of EVERYTHING! So I have to get blasted on every aisle of the place.

By the time I got out of there I had stripped out of my jacket, was wearing a tank top and my skin is crawling. And I have discovered this is a price I will pay each and every time I go to the store for the next 6 months or so. It's just annoying. Thought I would share.

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (09-30-2009), Dejibo (09-30-2009), karousel (09-30-2009), Riverwild (10-12-2009), SallyC (09-30-2009)