View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

My 3-year old niece is the same way! When I had her for a week this past summer I had to get creative. She is really in to fairies and princesses. On the 1st day as I was making lunch we talked about fairy food - what fairies ate and why that was a good thing to eat. She was totally in to it and ate all sorts of things she never would have eaten before. All week long everything was fairy/princess food.

Funny thing happened though, I made pita bread pizzas and called it fairy pizza. She loved it. Then her brothers came one day and wanted pizza so I made it again but made the mistake of calling it by it's real name - Cowboy pizza. Wouldn't you know that girl would not eat it at all. She didn't want any "cowboy food." LOL It was the same dang thing. (Whole wheat pita pockets taken apart - 2 pizza's per pita, BBQ sauce, chicken, cheese)

Disney dot com has some great recipes. Go to the site with her and talk about which recipe sounds good to her. Let her help make the decisions.

Almost all kids do this kind of stuff. DDs have been through and it went in phases. Generally, kids won't starve themselves. Eventually they get hungry enough to eat.

Wishing you luck!

Last edited by tkrik; 09-30-2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: typo
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (10-04-2009), ewizabeth (09-30-2009)