View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I found allowing my kids to help in the prep of food helped spark their interest. Whether its mixing a dressing to dip the veggies in, or stiring the mac and cheese. Who cares if the counter got as much PB&J as the sandwhich? not me! Cheese sauce for veggies helps too. Small portions help. My kids would say "I cant eat all that!" even tho it was a small portion in my own head. I started making lil tiny piles, and if they wanted more, they could have it.

Speghetti is a fav, have them help season or stir the sauce, break the noodles to slid in the water or grate some fresh cheese for it.

fish sticks! or chicken fingers. finger foods rock!

hot dog bites with some mac and cheese, or beans. beanie weenies we called um.

If you find that you are seeing her not gain weight, or struggling in that department, you can add pediasure to the list. it will give her calories, and some vitamins. Make sure you keep a multi in her while she figures this out.

Ask her long before lunch or dinner what she wants to help you make. then make it a project that she looks forward to all day. peanut butter cookies are a fav too. good protein from the peanut butter.

btw, there are ways to hide veggies in everything! the deceptively delicious cookbook has great ideas! puree hidden in everything. zucchini hidden in cakes, and carrot puree hidden in pasta sauce and so on. really great recipes in there as well.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote