View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I think my so called "bi lateral wrist strain & tendinitis" in '99 was actually the beginnings of my TOS- and goes back to the sticky tissues theory of Sharon Butler.

At that time I was doing very intense assembly work - 10 hr days, speed, reps, twisting, grasping, fine finger dexterity, strength and sitting /working with arms forward {table height was just a bit higher than was optimal for me & chair was as high as it could go}

anyway after about 2 weeks of same work station and no rotations to other jobs - my fingers just stopped working!
I couldn't pick up any o rings or the small tools we used for the work.
Luckily I still had large motor hand/finger use so i could drive home & to drs office.
That was kind of scary at the time..

off work a couple of months & PT and then 9 months of very light duty work, I finally asked to return to assembly- thinking I could get better rotation than the light duty jobs they were giving me.
If I only knew about the possibility of something chronic like TOS back then..
I would have stayed in the boring easier jobs- well maybe not it was really boring..
I did become an advocate for regular rotations in the assembly area and that made for more cross training for everyone - that opens up better raises or if you can't cut it less raises LOL.

well I am going off the topic of tendinitis LOL
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-01-2009)