View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 04:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry your appointment was so disappointing. I know the feeling (as we all do) It took me 9 years and 16 doctors to get to the managed state I live in. In the beginning it is so frustrating. Take control of your care and demand a 2nd opinion. Keep a list of your meds the one you have taken and why they didn't help and the ones you are on. Keep it as a spread sheet and update it when needed.

As frustrating as this monster is for all of us it is just as frustrating for our doctors who know they can't help. They go in to medicine to help and RSD is so complex and so not understood by Western Medicine. Some doctors are intimidated by what they don't understand. I had a doctor just be upfront with me and tell me my condition was too complex and he didn't have the time it would take to help me. I went to the car and cried.

I know the awful feeling of disappointment after you see a doctor who can't help. There are doctors who can help and you will find the right one. Keep your head up and don't give up.
Take care,
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-30-2009), hope4thebest (09-30-2009), loretta (09-30-2009)