View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 11:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASKA MIKE View Post
dr.s have been prescribing anti-depressants and anti-seizure meds togther for at least 10 years that i know of. i also noticed that the combo only produces a 6% difference. (75% to 81%)
i am like you(too alergic to these meds). i will never be on either again but that doesnt mean it will not work on someone else.
I agree, it's what they call the drug cocktail that virtually all clinicians need to use it and tweak according to their patients individual responses. That's what makes treating our condition so hard for many doctors not familiar with this disease. There just isn't clear enough treatment protocols in place. I thought the study interesting for that fact, isn't it an attempt to draw a line so to speak for future treatment guidelines? I was also interested in it because I haven't heard about nortriptyline before nor it's use in combination with gabapentin.

I'm usually cautious about such hype in the media but I thought it warranted some comment for our group based on the fact that so many here already take one or the other drugs.

I'm curious is there anyone here who is already on this combination of meds?

No matter how much I've tried to explain to my father about this he just doesn't always get the realities of what I'm trying to describe, he's 80 now. When he saw them talk about the same (or similar) symptoms as mine on the national news it helped him to understand things a bit more but it's still a long stretch.

Hope you are all well tonight and resting peacefully.
MsL

Last edited by Mslday; 10-01-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ALASKA MIKE (10-01-2009)