View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 12:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had worked full-time with my MG for years. Several projects were handed to me that had me working until 3 in the morning in addition to weekends. Requests for additional help went unanswered. My neuro just kept beefing up the meds so I could work. I took 2 FMLA leaves to only to jump back into the fire again and crash. I think they wanted me out as pleas to the upper levels of Human Resources were largely ignored (I was a director in the company). I had a brief, drug-free remission right after being canned if that lets you know how much stress I was under.

I’m now unemployed and moved from Dallas to Detroit to live w/ my mother. This has been a big blow to the self-esteem as I’m 48 and made good money. I pretty much have my recent flare-up under control and intend to begin looking for full-time employment again, but now live in an area with 15% unemployment Oh well!

My question is whether to inform a perspective employer about my MG if I’m not experiencing any symptoms during the interview. I don’t want to be ruled out as a candidate, but I don’t want to be deceptive either, which could come back a burn me once employed. Any thoughts?

Jim
(Formally JimInTX)
JimInMI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote