View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 03:16 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

It's still freaking numb.

I'm wondering if he's even giving me a high dose.

The pills are 10mg pills, and there's only 70 of them.

I'm taking 6 for three days, 5 for three days, 4 for three days, 3 for three days, 2 for three days, and 1 for three days.

and I think I might have just figured out the math for that...and it's not correct...maybe (I suck at math)

If I took 6 for the first 3 days, that was 18 pills, then it's 15, 12, 9, 6, and 3.

18 + 15 + 12 + 9 + 6 + 3 = 63

There's 7 pills not accounted for.

What the heck?? (calling pharmacist...)

Edited to add:

ARGGGGGH!~~

His directions may have been wrong. The pharmacist said the directions were confusing to her. They say

Take as directed.
Beginning at 6 tablets
three times daily

Friday, when I picked it up, it was nearly 10pm, so I called the after hours number for the neuro. Got a different neuro. He said the directions were confusing too, and did the math and said for me to take it the way I was taking it.

Maybe this is why it's not working?

argh1!!! SIX DAYS! I've been taking it for SIX FREAKING DAYS and apparently taking it wrong!

dangit!

Altho, the last time I had oral steroids, which was 2yrs ago and prescribed by a different doctor, his directions were very similar to how I've been taking it this time.

Now I wonder if he really did want me taking 18 pills in one day. But, that's a lot of pills to choke down.

Does any of that make sense?

I guess I have to call him in the morning. Maybe he'll adjust the Rx, or add some more to it or something... Next time he needs to write it out better.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~

Last edited by Erin524; 10-01-2009 at 03:33 AM.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote