View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 04:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Everyone...just thought that I would update you with recent events & my visit to the doctor...

On Monday 28th Sept my neck creaked as usual (quite painfully) & at the same time I had the numbness & tingling on the left side of the face...this (the pain & numbness) eventually subsided after a few minutes...but then later on my husband noticed a swelling on the back of my neck (the lower part) about the length & width of a medium chickens egg...

By Tuesday...the swelling had not subsided & yet again the neck greaked & the left side of the face went numb with tingling...so I phoned the doc for advice...he had me go & see him so that he can see for himself the swelling..

The result was that over the phone he thought it was a muscle problem, but on examination he has ruled out that possibility...he himself believes that it may be a trapped/compressed nerve in the neck & has ordered an MRI on my neck...which I have been told will take 4-6 weeks before the test is done...

Until then I can continue working at the school, I have been given no special instructions for taking care so I guess this can only mean if it was anything to be concerned about I would have received the appointment for the MRI within a few days...whilst the swelling is still present...which it is to date (1st October 2009)...

I am still to see the nuerologist on the 16th of October...

Well that is my update guys

Take care one & all

Beth
laikaspirit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (10-01-2009)