View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 05:59 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm thinking that he didnt give me the pred for the numbness. But for the pain and what might have been the impending paralysis of my hand/arm/entire left side.

I've noticed something that I was overlooking because I've been so centered on the numbness. My hand no longer feels like someone parked an aircraft carrier on top of it. And, I can move my fingers better than I could last week. (still cant feel the yarn when I'm crocheting or knitting. Keep dropping my working strand because it slips out from between my fingers and I dont notice it)

Last week my hand hurt so bad, that I was crying myself to sleep. It felt like it was being crushed right on the joints where the pinky, ring and middle finger meet the hand. Now it doesnt hurt there any more. Fingers are still a bit stiff, but they also feel like polish sausages to me. I can now bend them without much problem.

I noticed tonight that I can do the alphabet in sign language with that hand better than I could before the pain and numbness started.. (been using the sign alphabet as a way to keep my hands agile for crocheting for years..)

So, maybe the prednisone is working, I was just not paying attention to the right symptom. The numbness is annoying and the most constant, so I've been centering on that symptom, and not realizing that my hand doesnt hurt like it did last week.

So, yay! I guess the prednisone IS working...just not on all the symptoms that I want it to work on. I guess I'll take being able to move my fingers over being able to feel them. I just wish that yarn didnt feel so craptacular to my skin right now.

I do think I have something new starting tho...not sure if the steroids are causing it. My left leg is really really tired feeling. Enough that I'm noticing it when standing for more than a few minutes.

I'm going to go attempt to sleep. The steroids are giving me some pretty nasty insomnia tonight. That's starting to get old.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote